ELA 20 Novel blog
When posting your comment, be sure to include all first names and last initials of your group members. Be clear with your answers and you must post no later than the bell on the day of the assignment.
1. What is the major theme found in your novel? Provide a minimum of 3 direct quotations that support your answer.
2, Author's will maintain a point of view when constructing a written piece. That point of view often supports a specific ideology. What do you believe your author's point of view to be based on what you have read? Is this a point of view that the majority of your group supports? Why or why not?
3. Although most of the novels represented differing historical contexts, do you believe that your novel is still valid in contemporary North America? Why or why not? Give a text to world connection to support your answer.
4. “The plague of racism is insidious, entering into our minds as smoothly and quietly and invisibly as floating airborne microbes enter into our bodies to find lifelong purchase in our bloodstreams.”
― Maya Angelou
How does the quotation above relate to your novel? Provide 2 quotations from your novel to support your answer.
1. What are the contributing literary elements that are the major factors in the creation of tone and mood in your novel? Choose at least 3 and support these with direct evidence from the novel.
2. Does the author use direct or indirect characterization to develop the protagonist in the novel? Choose one or both and support with 2 pieces of direct evidence from the novel.
3. Use one of each ( TT, TS and TW) to connect to the novel's primary plot. Be sure to be specific when creating these connections
4. Provide an individual assessment of the novel thus far based on the following criteria:
a. craftsmanship of the writing
b. enjoyment of the plot
c. connection to the main characters
d. overall readability
Be sure to have each group member indicate their assessment with their name at the beginning of their writing
Answer the following in detail
1. How would you describe the author's use of tone and mood in your novel? Give 2 complete examples using direct quotations to support. (Be sure to include the author's last name and the page number of the quotation)
2. List 5 words that the author has used that are in keeping with the historical context of the novel. Give the definition and use the word in an original sentence.
3. Is there language that could be culturally insensitive used in your novel? What language is used and how would a more contemporary author change the language to make the novel more culturally appropriate? Give specific examples.